understand the meaning of the term 'algorithm'
- create algorithms for others to follow
- Type instructions from room location to another in
school; identify good techniques used
- Repeat last task, however students dont let others
know the destination. A partner then has to
identify the destination by following their algorithm.
- Show visual algorithms ie lego instructions
- in pairs, students build a Lego contruction 15-20
bricks including minifigures.
- Students then take photo of end result and break
up into seperate bricks. Instructions are
printed and placed in bag along with all bricks.
Only bricks used to go into bags!
- Others then can see if algorithms/instructions can
be followed. Students to take photos and compare
- Can the instructions/algorithms be refined or
improved; what are good keywords?
- Successful and identical builds made