[Back to task list]
1. First, choose a color and draw a box about 3cms in the centre of your screen and Fill with the same color used to draw the box (suggest you use BLACK).
2. Use Free-Form Select and inside the box on the left side, draw an irregular shaped line from the upper left corner of the box, letting it end about half-way down the box. Drawn line will disappear and a dotted box will remain.
3. Click and drag this shape to the opposite side (if you cut from left side, move to right side). Carefully align shape so there is no space in between.
4. Use Free-Form Select and inside the box on the bottom, draw an irregular shaped line from right corner of the box, letting it end about halfway across the bottom side. Release mouse button. Drawn line will disappear and a dotted box will remain.
5. Click and drag this shape to the top of the box, carefully aligning with the corner.
6. Use Free-Form Select to draw a circle around the this entire shape. Under Edit, Copy this shape.
7. Change the color of the center shape at this point, using the Fill With Color tool. ie
8. Under Edit, Paste. Shape will appear in upper corner in original color, ready to be pasted. Click and drag the shape to the location where it will fit on right or left side of original shape and carefully align before releasing the mouse button. If you want this shape to be a different color, change it at this time by using the Fill With color tool.
9. Repeat Step 8 and fit to the other side of original shape. Continue until you have four shapes around the center shape. You may, however, choose to add MORE than just the five shapes.
10. At this point, you should have five tessellations. Save the design before proceeding.
11. You now need to look at shapes to see what they suggest. Lines, dots, patterns, backgrounds, etc. can be added. Spend some time being creative.